1. Wash rice and drain.
2. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
3. Fry onions till golden.
4. Remove and keep aside.
5. Add sugar to pan and cook on low heat for a few seconds till light brown.
6. Add cumin seeds, cloves, cardamoms and cinnamon.
7. Fry for 60 seconds.
8. Add fried onions, 3 1/2 cups of water and salt.
9. Bring to a boil and add the drained rice.
10. Lower heat, cover pan and simmer till rice is tender and dry.
11. Serve with side dish of choice.
Brown Rice Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Brown Rice from Awesome Cuisine.