Ghee – 1/2 cup + 2 tblsp
Cashewnuts – 2 tblsp, halved
Sultanas – 2 tblsp
Semolina (Rava) – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Milk – 2 cups
Bananas – 2, medium, ripe
Green Cardamom – 1 tsp, powdered
Saffron Strands – 1/2 tsp, soaked in 1 tblsp milk
1. Heat 2 tblsp of ghee in a frying pan.
2. Add cashewnuts and fry till golden.
3. Drain and set aside.
4. Add sultanas and fry till they puff up. Drain and set aside.
5. Add 1/4 cup of ghee to pan.
6. Add semolina and fry over low heat till pink.
7. Remove and keep aside.
8. Mix sugar and milk in a pan.
9. Bring to boil over moderate heat.
10. Lower heat and add semolina gradually, stirring all the time.
11. Cook over low heat till milk is completely absorbed, stirring to prevent lumps.
12. Peel and cut bananas into 1/2 inch cubes.
13. Add to pan with 1/4 cup of ghee, cardamom powder and saffron.
14. Mix well and cook till mixture leaves sides of pan.
15. Transfer to a serving dish.
16. Garnish with cashewnuts and sultanas.
Banana Rava Kesari Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- 20 Navratri Sundal Varieties to Surprise Your Family Navaratri is a festival of nine nights and 10 days. "Nava" means "nine" and "ratri" means "night" in Sanskrit. It is...
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Banana Rava Kesari Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.