Rice – 1/2 cup
Parboiled Rice – 1/2 cup
Chana Dal – 4 tblsp
Urad Dal – 2 tblsp
Dry Red Chillies – 6
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Fresh Coconut – 1 cup, grated
Fenugreek Leaves – 1 1/2 cups, finely chopped
Salt as per taste
1. Combine both rice, wash well and soak in water for 60 minutes.
2. Combine both dals, wash well and soak in water for 60 minutes.
3. Drain rice and grind to make a coarse batter with red chillies and asafoetida, gradually adding 2 to 3 tblsp of water.
4. Drain dals and grind to make a coarse batter, gradually adding 2 tblsp of water.
5. Mix both the batters.
6. Add coconut, fenugreek leaves and salt.
7. Add water, if needed, to make the batter of pouring consistency.
8. Heat a tawa and add 1 tsp of oil.
9. Pour a ladle of batter and spread it around evenly.
10. Driblle 1 tsp oil around the edges.
11. Cook till base is golden.
12. Turn carefully and fry the other side till crisp and golden.
13. Serve hot.