Parboiled Rice – 1 cup
Moong Dal – 1/4 cup
Fenugreek Seeds 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, grated
Green Chillies – 3 to 4, minced
Curry Leaves – few
Coriander Leaves – 1 to 2 tblsp, finely chopped
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Oil for frying
1. Wash rice and soak in water for 6 to 7 hours.
2. Wash dal and fenugreek seeds. Soak in water for 6 hours.
3. Drain rice and grind to a fine batter, gradually adding 1/2 cup of water.
4. Drain dal and fenugreek.
5. Grind to make a fine batter, adding 2 to 3 tblsp of water.
6. Combine both the batters.
7. Mix in salt and set aside for 8 hours.
8. Add ginger, green chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves and cumin seeds.
9. Add water if required to make the batter of pouring consistency.
10. Heat a tawa and add 1 tsp of oil.
11. Pour a ladle of the batter and spread it around evenly.
12. Add 1 tsp of oil around the edges and cook for 1 to 2 minutes till base is golden brown.
13. Turn over and fry for another 2 minutes till the other side is golden brown.
14. Serve hot with chutney.