Apples – 4, thinly sliced
Juice of Lemon – 1
Vanilla Essence – 1/4 tsp
Jam of your choice – 4 tsp
Dry Ginger Powder – 1/2 tsp
All Spice Powder – a pinch
For The Crumble Mixture:
Bread Slices – 2
Cinnamon Powder – a pinch
Artificial Sweetener – to taste
Butter – 2 tsp, melted
Orange or Lemon Juice – a few spoons, fresh
Cornflakes – 2 tbsp, crushed
1. Add the lemon juice and vanilla essence to the apples. Mix and keep aside.
2. Melt the jam in a pan, adding a little water.
3. Add the spices to the hot jam mixture, warm slightly them remove from the flame.
4. Coat the apples with the jam mixture and arrange on a serving dish.
5. For the crumble mixture, toast he slices of bread till golden.
6. Cool and blend till coarse breadcrumbs are obtained.
7. Stir in the cinnamon powder, artificial sweetener and butter.
8. If you prefer a moist crumble, add a few tsp of orange or lemon juice.
9. Add the cornflakes to the above mixture just before serving.
10. Sprinkle the warm crumble mixture over the apples and serve.