Apple – 1, large, cored, cut into rings
Juice of Lemon – 1
Sugar – 4 tsp
Vanilla Essence – 2 to 3 drops
Vanilla Custard Powder – 2 tsp
Skimmed Milk – 1 cup
Brown Food Colour – a few drops
Artificial Sweetener – 1 tsp
1. Rub the apple rings with lemon juice and keep aside in the refrigerator to chill.
2. Heat the sugar with 2 tsp water on a low flame till a toffee or caramel colour is obtained.
3. Add 1 to 2 tbsp water, stirring continuously.
4. Remove from the heat. Mix in the vanilla essence. Keep aside.
5. Dissolve the vanilla custard powder in the skimmed milk.
6. Cook till thick, adding any leftover apple bits.
7. Stir in the sugar mixture, brown food colour if required and artificial sweetener to taste.
8. Serve the chilled apple rings topped with warm toffee sauce.