Moong Dal – 1 cup
Rice – 1/4 cup
Green Chillies – 4, chopped
Onion – 2, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp, finely chopped
Salt as per taste
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
Oil for deep frying
1. Wash the dal and rice well.
2. Drain and soak in water for 3 hours.
3. Drain, rinse and drain again.
4. Add the green chillies and grind to a thick coarse batter with little water.
5. Add the onions, coriander leaves, salt and curry leaves.
6. Heat oil in a kadai.
7. Drop spoonfuls of batter into the hot oil and lower heat.
8. Fry in batches, turning frequently, till golden brown and crisp.
9. Remove and drain on a kitchen paper.
10. Serve hot with chutney of choice.
11. Can be served ass a starter or as an evening snack.