Potatoes – 5, medium and diced
Green Peas – 1/2 cup
Poppy Seeds – 3 tblsp
Nigella Seeds (Kalonji) – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 3
Mustard Oil – 1 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/8 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan and fry the kalonji.
2. When they begin to splutter add the potatoes.
3. Add turmeric powder, green chillies and green peas.
4. Pour a cup of water.
5. Cover and allow the potatoes to cook.
6. Soak the poppy seeds in some warm water for some time and then grind them into a fine paste.
7. When the potatoes are cooked, add the poppy seed paste.
8. Add more water if required and let it cook till done.
9. Adjust the seasoning.
10. Serve hot.