Seedless Dates – 15, whole
Silver Warq for decoration
For the Stuffing:
Sugar Syrup – 1 cup
Pistachio Nuts – 2 tsp
Cashewnuts – 2 tblsp
1. Break the cashews and pistachio nuts into small pieces.
2. Heat the sugar syrup and add the pistachio and cashew nut pieces.
3. Cook on low fire and keep stirring so that the syrup begins to thicken and the dry fruits get coated in the sugar syrup.
4. Once the mixture is dry cool it to room temperature to use it as a filling for the dates.
5. Carefully place a portion of this filling in the centre of the dates from where the seeds have been removed.
6. Wrap each of the stuffed dates with silver warq.
7. Prepare all the dates in this way and serve as a starter or as part of desserts for Holi.