Basmati Rice – 4 cups, cooked
Peas – 1/4 cup, boiled
Carrots – 1/4 cup, diced and blanched
Beans – 1/4 cup, diced and blanched
Pineapple – 1/4 cup, chopped
Fried Cashewnuts – 1/4 cup
Raisins – 1/4 cup
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp
Mint Leaves – 1 tblsp
Cream – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 1 tblsp
Saffron – a pinch, soaked in 1 tblsp milk
Black Peppercorns – 2
Cloves – 2
Green Cardamom – 1
Cinnamon – 1/2 inch piece
Jeera – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Mix saffron with rice and toss gently.
2. Heat ghee in a pan over moderate heat.
3. Add the jeera, peppercorns, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves.
4. Add rice, peas, beans, carrot, pineapple, cashewnuts, raisins and lemon juice.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. Toss gently.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Add mint, coriander and cream.
9. Pour into an ovenproof dish, cover with foil and heat in the microwave oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 170C.
10. Serve hot.
Fruit and Nut Pulao Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- 31 Cooking Tips to Make Your Foods Healthier Everyone wishes to eat fresh and healthy food. However, we ignore some basic aspects while cooking and deteriorate the...
- 13 Steps to Become a Master Chef at Home It is essential to follow certain safety rules while cooking. Hygiene is a must to ensure that cooked food is healthy and...
- 11 Healthy and Low Fat Cooking Tips Modern cooking is not only about taste and presentation but most cooks also prefer cooking healthy and low-fat recipes these...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Fruit and Nut Pulao Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.