Brinjals – 250 gms
Mustard Paste – 2 tblsp
Hung Curd – 2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Mustard Oil – 2 tblsp
Banana Leaves for wrapping the brinjals
Salt as per taste
1. Make two slits in each of the small brinjals.
2. Make a marinade with the hung curd and the spices.
3. Rub the brinjals with this paste and keep aside for 10 minutes.
4. Place this in a mixing bowl.
5. Add the mustard paste and the oil.
6. Smear into the brinjals.
7. Divide the brinjals into 5 to 6 portions.
8. Place each portion in a leaf and tie with a string.
9. Steam these parcels for 20 minutes.
10. Serve the parcels in the leaves and allow each parcel to be opened on the serving plate with a bowl of steamed rice.
Steamed Brinjals in Mustard Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Steamed Brinjals in Mustard Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.