Brinjals – 250 gms
Mustard Paste – 2 tblsp
Hung Curd – 2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Mustard Oil – 2 tblsp
Banana Leaves for wrapping the brinjals
Salt as per taste
1. Make two slits in each of the small brinjals.
2. Make a marinade with the hung curd and the spices.
3. Rub the brinjals with this paste and keep aside for 10 minutes.
4. Place this in a mixing bowl.
5. Add the mustard paste and the oil.
6. Smear into the brinjals.
7. Divide the brinjals into 5 to 6 portions.
8. Place each portion in a leaf and tie with a string.
9. Steam these parcels for 20 minutes.
10. Serve the parcels in the leaves and allow each parcel to be opened on the serving plate with a bowl of steamed rice.
Steamed Brinjals in Mustard Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Steamed Brinjals in Mustard Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.