Brinjals – 250 gms
Mustard Paste – 2 tblsp
Hung Curd – 2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Mustard Oil – 2 tblsp
Banana Leaves for wrapping the brinjals
Salt as per taste
1. Make two slits in each of the small brinjals.
2. Make a marinade with the hung curd and the spices.
3. Rub the brinjals with this paste and keep aside for 10 minutes.
4. Place this in a mixing bowl.
5. Add the mustard paste and the oil.
6. Smear into the brinjals.
7. Divide the brinjals into 5 to 6 portions.
8. Place each portion in a leaf and tie with a string.
9. Steam these parcels for 20 minutes.
10. Serve the parcels in the leaves and allow each parcel to be opened on the serving plate with a bowl of steamed rice.