Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Caramel Syrup – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1 tblsp
Cinnamon Powder – 3/4 tsp
Red Sweetened Cherries or Mixed Dried Fruits – 1/2 cup
White Butter – 2 tblsp
1. Soak the rice in water for 10 minutes.
2. Heat the butter and add the sugar and allow it to melt.
3. Add the soaked rice without the water.
4. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Mix in caramel syrup and the cinnamon powder and stir gently.
6. Add 1 3/4th cups of water and stir gently.
7. Cover with a lid and cook on low fire till the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
8. Place on a serving dish and garnish with cherries.
9. Serve as a snack or a dessert.