Maida – 1 1/2 cups
Sugar – 1 cup, melted
Cloves 1/2 tsp, powdered
Ghee – 2 tblsp
For the Coating:
Powdered Sugar – 2 cups
1. Sift together the maida and the cloves powder.
2. Mix in the ghee with your fingers.
3. Add the sugar syrup slowly and knead into a dough.
4. Divide the dough into 6 portions.
5. Use both your palms to shape each of the portions into a long elongated shape.
6. Now cut small pieces of this dough with your fingers to obtain small balls.
7. Heat oil or ghee for deep frying.
8. Fry a few of the maida and sugar balls in oil on low heat till these turn golden brown and are crispy.
9. Remove from the oil and allow to cool to room temperature.
10. These will become crispier once these cool.
11. Place the powdered sugar on a plate and roll the fried balls in the sugar powder so that the sugar coats the balls.
12. Store in airtight containers.
13. Stays good for 10 to 12 days.
14. Serve as a sweet.