Oats – 1 cup
Parboiled Rice – 1 cup
Roasted Gram – 1/2 cup
Red Chillies – 4
Coconut – 1/2, grated
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Curry Leaves – few
Oil as needed
Salt as per taste
1. Powder parboiled rice, roasted gram coarsely.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Add mustard, urad dal, asafoetida and red chilli.
4. When mustard splutters, add 4 cups of water, coconut and salt.
5. When water starts boiling, add powdered rice, oats and stir well.
6. When rice is cooked, remove the vessel from the stove and allow to cool.
7. Take handful of the mixture.
8. Press into oblong balls.
9. Steam the balls or deep fry in oil.
10. Serve hot with chutney.
Oats Dumplings Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Oats Dumplings Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.