Oats – 1 cup
Parboiled Rice – 1 cup
Roasted Gram – 1/2 cup
Red Chillies – 4
Coconut – 1/2, grated
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Curry Leaves – few
Oil as needed
Salt as per taste
1. Powder parboiled rice, roasted gram coarsely.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Add mustard, urad dal, asafoetida and red chilli.
4. When mustard splutters, add 4 cups of water, coconut and salt.
5. When water starts boiling, add powdered rice, oats and stir well.
6. When rice is cooked, remove the vessel from the stove and allow to cool.
7. Take handful of the mixture.
8. Press into oblong balls.
9. Steam the balls or deep fry in oil.
10. Serve hot with chutney.