Oats – 225 gms
Buttermilk – 400 ml
Baking Powder – 2 tsp
Plain Flour – 100 gms
Melted Butter – 25 gms
Salt – 1/2 tsp
1. Place the oatmeal and buttermilk in a bowl.
2. Make sure the milk covers the oats and leave it to soak for about six hours or overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 180C.
4. Add the baking powder, salt and half of the flour to the oatmeal mixture.
5. Mix well with fork.
6. Continue adding more flour until you get a sticky dough.
7. Place dough on the greased tin.
8. Brush with the melted butter and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick poked into centre comes out clean.
9. Remove and Serve.