Rice Flour – 1 cup
Water – 2 1/2 cups
Jaggery – 1 cup
Boiled Karamani – 1/4 cup
Elaichi – 2 tsp
Coconut – 5 to 6 tsp, grated
1. Soak the rice in water for 2 hours.
2. Drain the water and allow it to dry.
3. Once dried, grind the rice.
4. In a pan, fry the rice flour till it becomes a little brown.
5. Allow it to cool.
6. In a broad vessel add 2 1/2 cups of water.
7. Add jaggery and mix well until it dissolves.
8. Let it boil for sometime.
9. Add the boiled karamani, grated coconut and ghee.
10. Add the rice flour and mix well so that it becomes a thick batter.
11. Add elaichi powder and keep on low flame till the batter becomes thick.
12. Keep stirring and switch off the gas. Allow it to cool.
13. Once it has cooled, make small vadai shaped balls using your hands and make a hole in the middle.
14. Keep these on a banana leaf, cut to shape, and boil it in a idli cooker for 10 minutes.
15. Remove and Serve hot.