Raw Green Bananas – 3, boiled
Poha – 1 cup
Potatoes – 2, mashed
Peas – 1 cup, shelled and coarsely mashed
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp or less
Jeera – 1 tsp, roasted
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
1. Cut the green bananas into halves, removing both the sides.
2. Boil in a cooker with one cup of water till soft and tender.
3. Soak the poha in one cup of water and leave it aside to soak in the water.
4. Peel the cooked bananas and mash the boiled bananas and place in a mixing bowl.
5. Mix in the mashed potatoes, peas, soaked poha and the spices and two tsp of oil.
6. Mix with your fingers.
7. Take wooden skewers and take a portion of the mixture in your palm and fold on the skewers.
8. Alternately, you could divide the portion into 10 portions.
9. Shape each portion between your palms into a elongated kebab and then gently push in the wooden skewer from one end.
10. Prepare the skewers in this way.
11. Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
12. Fry the skewers on the non-stick pan, turning once or twice so that all the sides are cooked and crispy and golden brown.
13. Serve as a starter.