Bottle Gourd (lauki) – 400 gms
Tomato Puree – 1 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Jeera Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tblsp
Curry Powder – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
1.Peel the lauki and cut into round pieces.
2. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker.
3. Add the jeera and allow it to sizzle.
4. Lower the heat and add the lauki pieces, ginger garlic paste and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Mix in the spices and the tomato puree.
6. Add half cup of water and pressure cook the lauki with the spices for 3-4 minutes.
7. Allow to cool and serve the vegetable with the gravy with plain rice.
8. The gravy with the tomato puree is light and is refreshing on a summer day with plain rice.