Mutton – 1 kg
Onion Paste – 1 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 tsp
Tomato Puree – 1 cup
Oil – 2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Dhania Powder – 1 tblsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tblsp
Jeera Powder – 2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Potatoes – 3 to 4, cut into halves and peeled
Salt as per taste
1. Heat the oil in a thick bottomed pressure cooker and add the mutton.
2. Add salt and fry the mutton on high heat till all the water is evaporated.
3. Lower the heat and mix in the onion and ginger garlic paste.
4. Continue to fry on low fire and stir from time to time till the onion paste is browned together with the mutton.
5. Mix in the potato halves and the tomato puree.
6. Mix in the spices and add 2 tbsp of water and continue to fry and stir on low fire.
7. Keep cooking on low fire for at least 10 minutes adding a few tbsp of water if the spices begin to stick to the bottom of the pressure cooker.
8. Add 2 and a half cups of water and salt to taste.
9. Pressure cook the meat for around 7 to 8 minutes till it is tender and a little gravy remains.
10. Serve with plain rice or rotis.