Drumsticks – 2, scraped and cut into 3 inch pieces
Small Onions – 12
Small Brinjals – 5, cut into halves lengthwise
Red Pumpkin – 200 gms, peeled, seeded and cut into one inch pieces
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Beans – 100 gms, threaded and cut into one inch pieces
Carrot – 1, scraped and cut into one inch pieces
Small Cauliflower – 1, cut into florets
Raw Bananas – 2, peeled and cut into one inch pieces
Chettinad Paste – 1 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – 2, chopped
Mustard Oil – 2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat 200 ml water and add salt to taste.
2. Put the drumsticks in boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Drain out all the water and keep aside.
4. Heat half the quantity of the oil and fry the remaining vegetables adding salt to taste.
5. Add 1 tsp water and cover with a lid till the vegetables are a little cooked.
6. Mix in the drumsticks.
7. Add the spices and mix the chettinand paste in half cup water and add to the vegetables.
8. Add the remaining oil a little at a time.
9. Add half cup of water and cover with a lid and cook till the vegetables are tender.
10. Serve with parathas or plain roti or steamed rice.