Drumsticks – 2, scraped and cut into 3 inch pieces
Small Onions – 12
Small Brinjals – 5, cut into halves lengthwise
Red Pumpkin – 200 gms, peeled, seeded and cut into one inch pieces
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Beans – 100 gms, threaded and cut into one inch pieces
Carrot – 1, scraped and cut into one inch pieces
Small Cauliflower – 1, cut into florets
Raw Bananas – 2, peeled and cut into one inch pieces
Chettinad Paste – 1 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – 2, chopped
Mustard Oil – 2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat 200 ml water and add salt to taste.
2. Put the drumsticks in boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Drain out all the water and keep aside.
4. Heat half the quantity of the oil and fry the remaining vegetables adding salt to taste.
5. Add 1 tsp water and cover with a lid till the vegetables are a little cooked.
6. Mix in the drumsticks.
7. Add the spices and mix the chettinand paste in half cup water and add to the vegetables.
8. Add the remaining oil a little at a time.
9. Add half cup of water and cover with a lid and cook till the vegetables are tender.
10. Serve with parathas or plain roti or steamed rice.
Chettinad Style Mixed Vegetables Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
- A Teenager’s Nutritional Needs When a kid is making their way into the league of teens along with attaining a sense of liberty he or she will grow...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Chettinad Style Mixed Vegetables Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.