Chicken – 1 kg, cut into medium pieces
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tblsp
Chettinad Paste – 2 tblsp (readymade paste)
Tomato Sauce – 3 tblsp
Sesame Oil – 4 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat half the quantity of oil and fry the chicken pieces, adding salt to taste, till the chicken is brown in colour.
2. Slowly mix in the spices and continue to cook on low fire.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste.
4. Mix the chettinand paste in 1 cup of water and add to the chicken preparation.
5. Continue to cook on low fire, adding oil from time to time and stirring occasionally.
6. Mix in the tomato puree and check for the salt.
7. Add 2 cups water and cover with a lid and cook on low fire till the chicken is tender and a little gravy remains.
8. Serve with parathas.
Spicy South Indian Style Chicken Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Spicy South Indian Style Chicken from Awesome Cuisine.