Chicken – 1 kg, cut into medium pieces
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tblsp
Chettinad Paste – 2 tblsp (readymade paste)
Tomato Sauce – 3 tblsp
Sesame Oil – 4 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat half the quantity of oil and fry the chicken pieces, adding salt to taste, till the chicken is brown in colour.
2. Slowly mix in the spices and continue to cook on low fire.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste.
4. Mix the chettinand paste in 1 cup of water and add to the chicken preparation.
5. Continue to cook on low fire, adding oil from time to time and stirring occasionally.
6. Mix in the tomato puree and check for the salt.
7. Add 2 cups water and cover with a lid and cook on low fire till the chicken is tender and a little gravy remains.
8. Serve with parathas.
Spicy South Indian Style Chicken Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Spicy South Indian Style Chicken Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.