Moong Dal Vadi – 1/2 cup
Potato – 1, small
Ghee – 1 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Fresh Methi Leaves – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Tomato Puree – 1 cup
Salt to taste
Ingredients to make Moong Dal Vadi
Moong Dal – 1 cup
Salt and Pepper as per taste
1. To make the moong dal vadi, soak moong dal in water for 4 hours.
2. Grind it without water.
3. Add salt, pepper and green chilli.
4. Make it into a flat, round ball and sun dry it for 2 to 3 days.
5. Alternately you can bake it in the oven till dry.
6. Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
7. Peel and cut the potato into small pieces.
8. Heat ghee in a vessel.
9. Add the jeera and vadi.
10. Fry on slow flame till golden.
11. Add the methi leaves, potato pieces and the dry spices together with a little water.
12. Cook till the vadi and potato pieces are soft.
13. Add the tomato puree and simmer for some time.