Brown Lentils – 1 cup
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Pasta – 1 cup, uncooked
Onion – 1, large, diced
Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
Oil – 2 tblsp
Tomatoes – 2 to 3, diced
Red Chilli Pepper Flakes – 1/4 tsp (or more), crushed
Salt as per taste
Pepper as required
1. Place the lentils in 4 cups of salted water.
2. Bring to boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15-30 minutes.
3. When the lentils are quite tender, add the rice to the lentils and continue simmering until the rice is cooked, adding water if necessary.
4. Cook the macaroni in a separate pot.
5. Rinse and strain when done, fry the onions and garlic in the oil.
6. Add the tomatoes, chilli flakes, salt and pepper, and let it simmer for 10-20 minutes or until thickened and sauce-like.
7. Mix the lentils, rice and macaroni together in one pot.
8. Place some of the lentil mixture on each plate and top with tomato sauce.
9. Sprinkle with more hot chilli powder, if desired.
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
- A Teenager’s Nutritional Needs When a kid is making their way into the league of teens along with attaining a sense of liberty he or she will grow...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Kochari Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.