Brown Lentils – 1 cup
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Pasta – 1 cup, uncooked
Onion – 1, large, diced
Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
Oil – 2 tblsp
Tomatoes – 2 to 3, diced
Red Chilli Pepper Flakes – 1/4 tsp (or more), crushed
Salt as per taste
Pepper as required
1. Place the lentils in 4 cups of salted water.
2. Bring to boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15-30 minutes.
3. When the lentils are quite tender, add the rice to the lentils and continue simmering until the rice is cooked, adding water if necessary.
4. Cook the macaroni in a separate pot.
5. Rinse and strain when done, fry the onions and garlic in the oil.
6. Add the tomatoes, chilli flakes, salt and pepper, and let it simmer for 10-20 minutes or until thickened and sauce-like.
7. Mix the lentils, rice and macaroni together in one pot.
8. Place some of the lentil mixture on each plate and top with tomato sauce.
9. Sprinkle with more hot chilli powder, if desired.
Latest Food Blogs
- 20 Navratri Sundal Varieties to Surprise Your Family Navaratri is a festival of nine nights and 10 days. "Nava" means "nine" and "ratri" means "night" in Sanskrit. It is...
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Kochari Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.