Butter – 2 tblsp
Leek – 1, cut into thin long strips
Potatoes – 1 cup, boiled and mashed
Breadcrumbs – 2 cups, fresh
Salt and Pepper as required
Breadcrumbs – 1 cup
Cheese – 1 cup, grated
Parsley – 2 tsp, chopped
Sage – 1 tsp
Eggs – 2, beaten
1. Heat the butter and fry the leek pieces till translucent.
2. Transfer into a mixing bowl.
3. Add the mashed potatoes, cheese, and spices and 2 tbsp of the beaten eggs.
4. Mix well with your fingers to form a mixture which is neither to soggy nor too dry.
5. Divide the mixture into portions and shape into elongated shape rissoles.
6. Dip each of these into the remaining beaten eggs and coat with the bread crumbs.
7. Heat enough oil for shallow frying.
8. Fry a few of these together in the oil till crispy and golden brown.
9. Serve with a tomato or green salad and garlic bread.