Tamarind – 150 gms
Jaggery – 4 tblsp
Dry Ginger – 1 tsp, powdered
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp, roasted and powdered
Salt – 2 tsp
Red Chilli – 1/2 tsp, powdered
1. Soak tamarind in 750ml boiled water for 2 hours.
2. Pass it through a sieve, squeezing out all the pulp.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients and stir to dissolve jaggery.
4. Add a little more water if chutney is too thick.
5. Chill till ready to serve.
Sweet and Sour Tamarind Chutney Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- 20 Navratri Sundal Varieties to Surprise Your Family Navaratri is a festival of nine nights and 10 days. "Nava" means "nine" and "ratri" means "night" in Sanskrit. It is...
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Sweet and Sour Tamarind Chutney Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.