Basmati Rice – 250 gms
Green Cardamoms – 5
Cloves – 5
Milk – 2 litres
Balai (top of milk) – 1 3/4 cup
Ghee – 1 1/4 cup
Sugar – 500 gms
Almonds – 2/3 cup, blanched and sliced
Kewra Essence – 1/2 tsp
Silver Leaf (Waraq)
Pistachio Nuts – sliced
1. Wash basmati rice and soak in cold water for 60 minutes.
2. Drain and boil in a pan with cardamoms and cloves for 12 minutes.
3. Drain and discard the cardmoms and cloves.
4. Add the semi-cooked rice into a large pan with milk, balai and ghee.
5. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer till thick for about 20 minutes.
6. Add sugar.
7. Stir and mash rice against the sides of the pan till sugar is dissolved and mixture is very thick.
8. Stir in almonds and kewra essence.
9. Turn out onto a plate to cool and set.
10. Decorate with silver leaf and pistachio nuts before serving.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !