Flour – 1 kg
Milk – 750 ml
Salt – 1 tsp
Sugar – 3 tblsp
Ghee – 200 gms + little extra
Egg White – 1
Milk – 2 tblsp
1. Sieve flour with salt and mix in the sugar.
2. Heat milk till lukewarm and mix into the flour.
3. Leave it aside for 3 hours.
4. Melt ghee and mix into the flour mixture.
5. Knead the dough thoroughly, lifting and slapping it down till it becomes smooth and elastic.
6. This will take around 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Sprinkle a little flour if required.
8. Make small 1/4 inch thick rotis with your hand and prick all over with fork.
9. Cook in a tandoor or on a moderately hot tawa till golden on both sides.
10. Mix egg white with milk and brush on hot roti.
11. Cook for a few minutes more.
12. Brush with melted ghee and serve.