Seer Fish – 500 gms, cut in half inch thick slices
Oil – 1/2 cup
For the Marinade:
Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 3 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp, pureed
Green Chillies – 6, pureed
Juice of 1 Lime
Salt – 1/2 tsp
1. Wash the fish and let it dry.
2. Combine the marinade ingredients and add them on to the fish on both sides.
3. Refrigerate for a few hours.
4. Heat the oil in a pan on moderate heat.
5. When hot add the fish slices and shallow-fry in batches.
6. Remove the fish from the pan when it loses it translucency or for about 2 to 3 minutes on each sides.
7. Serve hot with onion rings and wedges of lime.