Sabudana – 100 gms
Lauki/Bottle Gourd – 1/2 kg
Milk – 2 litres
Sugar – 1 1/2 cup
Condensed Milk – 250 gms
1. Soak the sabudana in water for a few hours.
2. Peel the gourd, scoop out the seeds and discard them.
3. Grate the flesh fine.
4. Heat the milk in a heavy-based pan.
5. Cook on low to moderate heat, stirring continuously to avoid the milk from boiling over and from attaching to the bottom of the pan.
6. Add the gourd and cook for 30 minutes, till the quantity of milk reduces by one-third.
7. Add the sago and cook, stirring continously till it turns transparent.
8. Mix in the sugar and condensed milk.
9. Cook for another 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
10. Remove from heat and refrigerate when cool.
11. Serve chilled.