Ginger – 1 cup
Garlic – 1/2 cup
Red Chillies – 8
Salt as per taste
Jaggery – 2 to 3 tsp
Gingelly Oil – 4 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
1. Grind the ginger, garlic and red chillies to a paste.
2. Heat gingelly oil in a pan.
3. Add the mustard seeds, turmeric powder and asafoetida powder.
4. Add the ginger-garlic-red chillies paste.
5. Let it simmer for some time.
6. Add salt and simmer for 30 seconds.
7. Add the powdered jaggery.
8. Fry for another few minutes and remove from heat.
9. Serve hot with plain rice or with idli or dosa.
Ginger Garlic Thokku Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Ginger Garlic Thokku Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.