Raw Rice – 1/2 cup
Green Gram Dal – 1/2 cup
Bengal Gram Dal – 1/2 cup
Milk – 2 cups
Coconut – 1, medium
Cashewnuts – 1 tblsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Jaggery – 2 cups, grated
1. Grate coconut, add water and grind to paste.
2. Strain and take first extract.
3. To the pulp add more water, grind and then take second extract.
4. Dry roast rice, green gram dal and bengal gram dal separately till golden colour.
5. Allow to cool, wash it and cook green gram dal separately in enough water.
6. Mix bengal gram dal and rice.
7. Pressure cook with milk for 10 minutes.
8. Mix everything together.
9. Add jaggery and cook in reduced heat till it melts along with second extract.
10. Allow to boil for few minutes and then add first extract of coconut.
11. When it reaches boiling point, remove from fire.
12. Garnish with fried cashewnuts.