Milk – 2 litres
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Butter – 1 tsp
1. Heat milk in a heavy bottomed kadai.
2. Stir constantly after it starts boiling.
3. As it is reduced scrape the sides also well with ladle and cook in steady medium flame.
4. Add 1 tsp of fresh white butter, to prevent milk coming on top while boiling.
5. When it is reduced completely and becomes thick, switch off the stove.
6. Add sugar and mix well to dissolve when it is still warm.
7. Keep it in the same vessel for 30 minutes and then transfer it to another vessel.