Almonds – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Ghee – 2 tblsp
Saffron – few strands
Cooking Soda – a pinch
1. Blanch almonds in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Remove outer skin and wipe to remove excess moisture.
3. Cut into medium sized pieces.
4. Dry roast in a hot pan in reduced flame without discolouring the nuts.
5. Heat sugar and ghee together in a heavy frying pan.
6. Reduce flame and stir just once or twice till sugar is melted completely.
7. Remove from fire and quickly mix the nuts and cooking soda.
8. Apply ghee to rolling pin and on top of a thick plastic sheet.
9. Pour nut mixture on top of the sheet and quickly roll it without rolling pin.
10. Cut into pieces when it is still warm.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !