Toor Dal – 1/2 cup
Small Onions – 7
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 tsp
Oil as required
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Green Chilli – 1, chopped
1. Soak toor dal for 15 minutes and boil.
2. When the dal is half cooked, add small onions, green chillies and tamarind extract.
3. Let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes till it boils.
4. Add salt and mash the dal nicely.
5. Add a tsp of oil in a pan.
6. Add mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
7. Fry for 30 seconds and add it to the dal.
8. Allow it to cook for 5 more minutes and remove.
9. Serve with rice or chapati.
How to Make Dal with Onion Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Dal with Onion Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.