Toor Dal – 1/2 cup
Small Onions – 7
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 tsp
Oil as required
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Green Chilli – 1, chopped
1. Soak toor dal for 15 minutes and boil.
2. When the dal is half cooked, add small onions, green chillies and tamarind extract.
3. Let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes till it boils.
4. Add salt and mash the dal nicely.
5. Add a tsp of oil in a pan.
6. Add mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
7. Fry for 30 seconds and add it to the dal.
8. Allow it to cook for 5 more minutes and remove.
9. Serve with rice or chapati.
Dal with Onion Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- 6 Health Benefits of Paneer The best and most common cheese of India, paneer was first used in the Middle East. It was introduced in the Indian Cuisine...
- The Significance Of Carbohydrates Carbohydrates play a significant role in sustaining the metabolism of a human body and enable them to execute their day...
- 31 Cooking Tips to Make Your Foods Healthier Everyone wishes to eat fresh and healthy food. However, we ignore some basic aspects while cooking and deteriorate the...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Dal with Onion Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.