Toor Dal – 1/2 cup
Small Onions – 7
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 tsp
Oil as required
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Green Chilli – 1, chopped
1. Soak toor dal for 15 minutes and boil.
2. When the dal is half cooked, add small onions, green chillies and tamarind extract.
3. Let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes till it boils.
4. Add salt and mash the dal nicely.
5. Add a tsp of oil in a pan.
6. Add mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
7. Fry for 30 seconds and add it to the dal.
8. Allow it to cook for 5 more minutes and remove.
9. Serve with rice or chapati.
Dal with Onion Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Dal with Onion Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.