Corn – 1 1/2 cups
Urad Dal – 3/4 cup
Roasted Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tblsp
Green Chilli – 5
Coconut – 2 tblsp, grated
Mustard – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 tsp, chopped
Oil – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Soak corn and urad dal in water for 2 hours.
2. Drain water and grind them along with roasted bengal gram and green chilli.
3. Grind it smoothly.
4. Mix salt and grated coconut with the batter and stir well.
5. Pour oil in a pan and sprout mustard with asafoetida.
6. Mix it along with finely chopped coriander leaves to the batter and stir it well.
7. Prepare idly by pouring the batter in idli plates and steam them in a cooker.
8. Serve with coconut chutney or onion chutney and sambar.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !