Breadcrumbs – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Refined Flour – 4
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Nutmeg – 1/2 tsp, powdered
Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp, powdered
Seedless Raisins – 8 tblsp
Lemon Peel or Marmalade – 2 tblsp
Eggs – 2
Butter – 6 tblsp
Milk – 1 1/2 cups
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl with the raisins and lemon peel.
2. Beat the eggs until well blended.
3. Use 1 tsp butter to grease a metal pudding bowl and add the remaining butter to the dry ingredients.
4. Mix with your hands till blended.
5. Add the eggs and mix to blend.
6. Stir in enough milk to make a batter of dropping consistency.
7. Pour batter into the greased bowl, cover with greased paper and steam for an hour.
8. Or place the bowl in a dish of water and bake in the centre of a preheated oven at 150C for 2 hours.
9. If a pierced skewer come sout clean then the pudding is cooked.
10. Turn the pudding out of the bowl onto a platter and serve with lemon sauce.
Bread Pudding Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- 20 Navratri Sundal Varieties to Surprise Your Family Navaratri is a festival of nine nights and 10 days. "Nava" means "nine" and "ratri" means "night" in Sanskrit. It is...
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Bread Pudding Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.