Small Onions – 1/2 cup, peeled
Small Potatoes – 1 cup
Caramelised Sugar – 1 tblsp
Garlic – 10 flakes
Green Chillies – 2
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Dhania Powder – 1 tblsp
Jeera Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon – 1 one inch piece
Cloves – 3
Tamarind Extract – 2 tblsp, thick
Salt as per taste
Oil to deep fry
Ghee for frying
1. Boil potatoes in pressure cooker.
2. Peel the skin and prick with a fork.
3. Deep fry in hot oil until brown.
4. Drain and keep aside.
5. Peel small onions and slice it.
6. Peel garlic and cut into small thin round pieces.
7. Slit green chillies into two.
8. Heat ghee in a pan.
9. Temper with aniseed.
10. Fry green chillies and garlic.
11. When done, add onions and fry for a minute or two.
12. Add the chilli powder, dhania powder, jeera powder and fry for a minute.
13. Add the caramelised sugar.
14. Pour tamarind extract, salt, turmeric powder with fried potatoes.
15. Mix gently in a reduced flame.
16. Keep frying till masala coats the potatoes well and ghee is separated.
17. Powder cinnamon and clove.
18. Mix in a tsp of hot ghee and pour over the curry.
19. Mix gently.
20. Serve hot.