White Kidney Beans (Karamani) – 1 cup
Red Chillies – 6 to 8 (increase or decrease as required)
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Garlic – 10 flakes
Tamarind – 1 medium lemon sized
Tomatoes – 2
Salt as required
1. Soak beans for 30 minutes.
2. Boil in pressure cooker with enough water till one whistle.
3. Fry red chillies in oil and grind it with coconut, garlic and tamarind with little cooked beans.
4. Blanch tomatoes and squeeze the pulp.
5. Add ground mixture to boiled beans with enough water, salt and tomatoes.
6. Cook till gravy is thick.
7. Remove from fire.
8. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !