Colocasia Leaves – 10, tender ones
Mustard Oil – 2 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Jimmu, Optional – 1/2 tsp
Whole Red Chillies – 2, halved, deseeded
Salt to taste
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
1. Devein the leaves and keep aside for a few minutes.
2. When they become soft, roll each and twist them into a loose knot, tucking in the ends to form rounds. Keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a deep pan.
4. Add the fenugreek seeds and jimmu, and then the whole red chillies.
5. Lower the flame.
6. Add one cup of water and bring to a boil.
7. Add the salt and the colocasia leaf rounds.
8. Cook covered till the water gets absorbed.
9. Squeeze lemon juice over the rounds and serve.