Potatoes – 1/2 kg
Onion – 3
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Green Chillies – 8
Salt as required
Sugar – optional
Scraped Coconut – 1 cup
Oil – 2 tblsp
1. Cut onions finely.
2. Make paste of ginger and chillies.
3. Boil potatoes, peel and mash coarsely.
4. Take three extracts from coconut and keep separately.
5. Heat oil in a shallow pan.
6. Fry the chopped onions till translucent, add ginger chilli paste.
7. Fry for a minute and pour the third coconut extract.
8. Mix the mashed potato and salt.
9. Let it boil.
10. Add the second coconut extract and allow it to boil for a few minutes.
11. Add the first extract just before removing from fire.
12. Garnish with chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves.
13. Serve hot.