Refined Flour (maida) – 1 cup
Cocoa Powder – 4 tsp
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Soda Bicarbonate – 1/4 tsp
Eggs – 2
Sugar – 1/3 cup
Ash Gourd – 1 cup, grated
Vanilla Essence – a few drops
Coffee Powder – 3 tsp, dissolved in 3 tbsp of hot water
Vinegar – 2 tbsp
1. Grease a muffin tray or individual paper cups and dust lightly with flour.
2. Sift the refined flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda bicarbonate together.
3. Beat the eggs with sugar till creamy.
4. Add to the flour mixture, a little at a time, adding a few spoons of water to obtain a dropping consistency.
5. Squeeze the water out of the ash gourd and add to the above mixture.
6. Add the vanilla essence and the dissolved coffee.
7. Stir the vinegar just before spooning the mixture into the tray.
8. Bake at 180C till the cake is done.