Sponge Cake – 1/2
Pumpkin – 2 cups, grated
Nutmeg Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon Powder – 1/4 tsp
Clove Powder – 1/4 tsp
Refined Flour – 4 tsp
Vanilla Essence – 1/4 tsp
Juice of Lemon – 1
Lemon Rind – 2 tsp
1. Scoop out the centre of the sponge cake carefully leaving a hollow shell.
2. Cook the pumpkin with a little water till soft.
3. Keep aside to cool.
4. Puree the pumpkin in a blender.
5. Heat the pureed pumpkin in a pan.
6. Add the spices and refined flour dissolved in a little water andcook till the mixture thickens.
7. Cool, and add the lemon juice and rind.
8. Fill the cake shell with this pumpkin mixture, and smoothen the top.
9. Refrigerate until set and serve chilled.