Refined Flour (maida) – 1 cup
Baking Powder – 3/4 tsp
Cocoa Powder – 1 tbsp
Eggs – 4, large
Sugar – 1/3 cup
Coffee Powder – 3 tsp
Vinegar – 2 tbsp
Water – 1/4 cup, boiling hot
Soda Bicarbonate – 1/4 tsp
For the Topping:
Vanilla Essence – 1/4 tsp
Chocolate – 1 bar, grated for garnishing, Optional
1. Grease a baking tin and dust lightly with flour.
2. Sift the refined flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together and keep aside.
3. Beat the eggs with sugar till creamy.
4. Add to the flour mixture a few tbsp at a time.
5. Mix the coffee powder, vinegar and soda bicarbonate in boiling water and fold in the above mixture.
6. Transfer the mixture to the prepared tin.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 35 minutes.
8. For the topping, add vanilla essence to the whipped cream, mix well and keep aside.
9. When the cake is done, cool and top with vanilla cream.
10. Garnish with chocolate if desired.