Cherries – 1 1/2 cups, stoned
Rum – 2 tbsp
White Bread – 1 1/2 slices
Cinnamon Powder – a pinch
Chocolate – 1 bar, grated for garnishing
1. Soak the cherries in rum for at least overnight, if not for 2 to 3 days.
2. Toast the slices of bread slightly.
3. Crush them in a blender to form breadcrumbs.
4. Add the cinnamon powder and mix well.
5. Sprinkle this mixture on the bottom of a serving dish.
6. Mix the cherry-rum mixture (reserving a few for garnishing) with the whipped cream.
7. Spoon this mixture over the breadcrumbs layer.
8. Garnish with chocolate and cherries.
9. Freeze and serve.
Black Forest Trifle