Blancmange is a sweet dessert commonly made with milk or cream and sugar thickened with gelatin or cornstarch and often flavored with almonds.
Cocoa Powder – 1 tbsp
Gelatin – 3 tsp
Skimmed Milk – 1 cup, refrigerated, chilled
Vanilla Essence – a few drops
Artificial Sweetener to Taste or
Chocolate – 1 bar, grated for garnishing
1. Grease a mould lightly.
2. Keep aside.
3. Dissolve the gelatine in a little hot water.
4. Add the cocoa powder and mix well.
5. Keep aside to cool.
6. Fold the cocoa mixture into the skimmed milk.
7. Add the vanilla essence and artificial sweetener.
8. Pour the mixture into the prepared mould and refrigerate till set.
9. To serve, dip the mould in hot water for just a few seconds to loosen the sides, then invert on a platter and garnish with chocolate flakes.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !