1 inch stick Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
2 Bay Leaf
1 tsp Oil
3 tsp White Sesame seeds
3 tsp Coriander seeds
5 tsp flaked Coconut
12 Black Pepper corns
6 Cassia Buds
Steps in preparation
1. Remove the cardamom seeds from their husks.
2. Saute the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaves in oil until the cloves swell.
3. Dry-Roast the rest of ingredients over a low heat until the coconut is golden to dark brown.
4. Cool and grind with sauted spices until very fine.
5. Store in an air tight container.
This stays fresh for months. Goda masala can be used to flavor curries and gravies.