Dried Prawns – 1 cup
Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – A Pinch
Onion – 1, medium, minced
Garlic – 1/4 tsp, minced
Tamarind Pulp – 2 tsp
Coconut – 5 tbsp, grated
Salt to taste
1. Clean the prawns.
2. Pinch off the top part of the head, tip of the tail and legs.
3. Dry roast in a frying pan till crisp.
4. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and crumble the prawns into the mixture.
5. Stir to mix.
6. Alternatively, saute the onion and garlic in a little oil for a few minutes.
7. Then grind with the rest of the ingredients to a coarse paste.
8. Serve as an accompaniment to rice and curry.