Khasta Roti is a crisp, delicious and simple to make roti made with maida, sooji and ajwain.
Maida – 2 cups
Rava (Sooji) – 1/4 cup
Ghee – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 2 tsp
Ajwain (Carom Seeds) – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Water – 1/2 cup
1. Mix the maida, rava, ghee, salt, sugar and ajwain in a bowl.
2. Gradually add the water and knead well to make a stiff dough.
3. Cover this with a damp kitchen towel for 30 minutes.
4. Make small balls and roll them out into a medium-size roti.
5. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
6. Cook the rotis on both sides for 2 minutes or until light brown spots appear.
7. Remove and serve with side dish of choice.