Chicken – 600gms, boneless and cut into pieces
Egg – 1, whisked
Red chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 5 tsp
Oil for frying – 2 tsp
Almonds – 5 tbsp, blanched
Yoghurt – 1/2 cup
Butter – 2 tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
White Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Brown Onion Paste – 2 tbsp
Tomato Puree – 5 tbsp
Cream – 3 tbsp
Garam Masala – a pinch
Cream – 1 tsp
Almonds – 2 tsp, slivered
1. For the batter, mix together egg, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp red chilli paste, lemon juice and 5 tsp ginger garlic paste.
2. Flatten out each chicken piece with steak hammer and coat with the prepared batter.
3. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Shallow fry the chicken pieces until golden brown on both sides.
6. Remove from heat drain the excess oil and keep aside.
7. For the gravy, grind the blanched almonds to a fine paste and blend with yoghurt.
8. Heat oil and butter in a pan.
9. Add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste and saute for a few seconds.
10. Add yoghurt and saute.
11. Stir in the remaining salt, red chilli powder and white pepper powder and cook for a few seconds.
12. Stir in brown onion paste, tomato puree, 3 tbsp cream and saute for 8 to 10 minutes.
13. Add chicken pieces to the gravy.
14. Cook on low heat till the pieces are tender and the curry is reduced to half.
15. Remove the chicken pieces from the gravy and place on a serving platter.
16. Pour the gravy on top.
17. Sprinkle garam masala and drizzle cream.
18. Garnish with slivered almonds.
19. Serve hot.