Green Mangoes – 2 kg, large, raw, peeled, sliced
Sugar – 2 kg
Aniseed – 4 tbsp
Salt – 2 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder to taste
Dry Red Chillies to taste
Malt Vinegar – 1 cup
1. Mix the sugar and mangoes together thoroughly in a large pan.
2. Add the remaining ingredients (except vinegar) and cook on low heat till the sugar dissolves.
3. When the mangoes are soft, add the malt vinegar.
4. Cook for a few minutes till the syrup is quite thick.
5. Be careful not to over cooks as the consistency will become thick when the mixture cools.
6. Store in airtight jars.